Thursday, September 15, 2011

Y? Because we like you!

Guess where I went today!
The Happiest Place on Earth...only twenty minutes away!

One of the greatest things about living in Southern California is having Disneyland so close to us. To the locals, it's just like any other amusement park. Most of my friends have annual passes and visit several times a month (sometimes a week). Some go for dinner and a little shopping for a few hours on any given weekday night. Growing up in landlocked, Midwestern Ohio, Disneyland was more like DISNEYLAND(!). One of those bold-faced places you got to visit if you were really lucky. I went there once when I was a little kid and the only memory I have of it is not a fun one. (There's this ride, see? It's called Mr Toad's Wild Ride. You "drive" a little car after a fun night at the local pub and, clearly, you're driving drunk. You're careening around corners and cutting it thisclose to walls. This is horribly traumatic to a four year old who is pretty sure she's going to kill her mother and herself if she doesn't sober up and get that car home.) I went again when I was older, conquered my fear of the "drunk toad ride", and had a great time.

Needless to say, people like to visit us in sunny SoCal.

We have adorable nieces.

My bestie and her super cute family.

In an effort to keep me busy, entertained, and happy, my awesome husband bought me an annual pass to Disneyland right before he deployed. (I would also like to point out that he give me said pass in a Medieval Times envelope. He's hi-larious, no?) I've already been there a couple of times and, as Dan likes to (constantly) remind me, I have to go 16 times to make the pass worthwhile. I'm sure that won't be a problem. I'm always finding something new to ride or see or eat. And, oh the food! I had a Monte Cristo sandwich, garlic parmesan fries, a cake pop in the shape of Mickey, and a delicious concoction called a Pineapple Whip (brought to you by Dole). It's like a creamy, whippy, custard-like ice cream made of pineapple. Mmm...pineapple. Plus, my roommate (Yes, I have one. She's a friend who will be living with me for a few months until her condo is built.) is a Disney expert. She grew up in SoCal and has been visiting Disneyland since she was a child. She knows where all the secret bathrooms are located, where you can buy the best corn dog, and which ride to ride first before the line gets out of control long. It's like having my very own Cast Member ('cause employees aren't called something as mundane as "employees" at the Happiest Place on Earth) giving me a tour of the park.     

Also, I'm falling in love with Mickey.

    It's like Fall...in a place where Fall does not really exist.

So, Disneyland? M-I-C...'C' you real soon! (...and at least fourteen more times after that.)

Peace out, Minnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment