Monday, September 26, 2011

O, Autumn...thou art my favorite.

Fall has...sprung? fallen?...at Disneyland! The Halloween decorations are up (even though it's not yet October- a minor technicality) and it's awesome. There are pumpkins everywhere you look and orange, black, and Mickey adorning every lamppost, building, and ride. I have yet to touch a pumpkin or see leaves change their color (palm trees just sort of turn brown) or have even a taste of anything hot and apple-y, but it certainly felt like autumn this evening. It's nice to know that in the land of sunny and warm, I can still enjoy my favorite season.

That punkinhead was getting a little "handsy"...

O Autumn, laden with fruit, and stain'd
With the blood of the grape, pass not, but sit
Beneath my shady roof; there thou may'st rest,
And tune thy jolly voice to my fresh pipe,
And all the daughters of the year shall dance!
-William Blake


No comments:

Post a Comment