Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's a holiday world after all!

In the interest of posting more than once every two weeks (Seriously. What is my problem? I have all sorts of funny, interesting things to say. Clearly, I need to stop looking at this blog as "homework".), I've decided to steal an idea from blogs who do the Photo A Day blog posts. I figure this will force (...politely remind?) me to post something every day and give y'all (I lived in North Carolina for a year. People ask me all the time if I'm from the South.) something to look at. (That was a lot of parentheses for one paragraph. I will not apologize.) (So there.)

So today my mom (who's visiting me from Ohio. Shout out to the Kay-Bomb!) and I went to Disneyland. She has declared herself the "Queen of Christmas" so there is no better place to be than the Happiest Place on Earth at Christmastime. I'm pretty sure she loved it. How could you not? Lights on every inch of every ride, store, and lamppost. A Christmas tree as big as you've ever seen, sparkling at the entrance to Main Street. Soapy, vanilla-scented snow falling on the visitors and then inevitably seeing a small child open his mouth wide to catch a "snowflake"...and then spit like crazy to get the soapiness out of his mouth. It was a great day and I love having my mama in California, even if it's only for a few days. It's always nice to have a little bit of home in SoCal.

Welcome to happiness, Buckeye!

Walt and Mickey are so welcoming.

Wedging myself into a photo.

IT'S SANTAAAAAAAA!

Also, this has nothing to do with Disneyland, but my mom met her grandkitty for the first time. It was love at first sight.


Mateo and Grandma.  

No comments:

Post a Comment