Thursday, May 24, 2012

Land of the free because of the brave.

Memorial Day weekend is coming up and I think it's fairly obvious how I feel about our troops and the sacrifices they make for our country. (If it hasn't been obvious then this has been a total blog FAIL.) I won't go on (...and on) about how this weekend is more than just getting an extra day off from work (not that retail closes down for anything) or having a barbecue with the family (not that picnics aren't awesome). It's an important reminder of those who have fought for our freedom and lost their lives in the battle. And to never forget that there are still those fighting and protecting and living far, far away from their families (and adorable kitties) in order to make this world a better place. I don't care who you vote for or how you feel about this war. (Well, I do, but let's not fight, okay?) But I absolutely care that you support the troops. I care a lot.

'cause, obviously, we love America at this house.

I probably spent more on this pillow than necessary.
(...but it's so pretty!)

My grandma made this bicentennial quilt, which is
handy because my husband was a bicentennial baby.

 
Our little patriotic corner.

 Does a Marine live here? I would say so.

Red, white, and blue kitty.

"...the emblem of the land I love.
The home of the free and the brave."

No comments:

Post a Comment