Thursday, May 3, 2012

Blessed are his children after him.

This is my daddy. He's had my back
(and I've had his) for a long time now.

He's the leader of our family and
a wonderful Christian example of
what a good husband and father should be.

This man can tell a story, whether he's
being interviewed in front of the White House
or just holding court in the family room.

I don't know who gripped who harder. Walking down that aisle
to leave the first man I ever loved, to go to the next man
I would love forever, was a moment I'll never forget.

Even though he had to give me away, he'll never really be rid of me.

As I left for my new home with my new husband,
he told me what he's always told me:
"Don't forget, your daddy loves you." 

And seeing him as a PopPop to my precious little niece,
reminds me that I had the best daddy ever growing up.
I can't wait to make him a PopPop to one of my own little babies.

"You're beautiful baby from the outside in
Chase your dreams but always know the road that will lead you home again
Go on, take on this whole world
But to me you know you'll always be...
my little girl."
(Tim McGraw, "My Little Girl, father/daughter dance at my reception)

Happy Birthday, dad! I love you and I'm so proud to be your daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment