Friday, May 4, 2012

Two is better than one.*

This is my husband.

 He's pretty much my hero.

The Marine Corps moved us to Southern California
soon after we married. It was the best thing that
could have happened to us.

We've been all over the world together.
From the South of France...
 (That's our cruise ship docked in Cannes.)

...to Italy...

...to Spain...

...to Croatia.


Today is his birthday and he's far, far away from home.
This time, without me.
(Which is totally fine. I don't like the desert. Or bombs.)

Mateo and I know he's doing important work,
but we miss him nonetheless.

Because we're happiest when we're together.

And in 100 days, we'll be together again
and we'll celebrate everything he's missed.

Happy Birthday, my husband!
I love you and can't wait
for you to come home.

*Song by Boys Like Girls. Also, our first dance at our wedding reception. Speaking of which, we also just celebrated our two year anniversary on May 1. It's been the best two years of my life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment