Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I'm just not the same since there's rain in my head.

"...Seems it never rains in Southern California.
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before.
It never rains in California.
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours."

And it has. All day so far. We had plans to go to Disneyland (because why wouldn't we?), but the weather had other ideas. I'll take the blame because this is a case of "be careful what you wish for because you just might get it". There are days when I yearn for rain. Day after day after day (after day) of sunshine is gorgeous and awesome and something I've never experienced before moving here. But really? I need some climate changes! Give me a chilly afternoon or a little rain shower or even a downpour with lightning to liven things up a bit. I don't want to complain (...but I will) because there are certainly places I could be living where it rains All. The. Time. and I'm sure I would despise that. (And so would my naturally curly hair on days it needs to be straight.) But sometimes too much sunshine is too much. I miss having seasons. I miss seeing the leaves change colors or the snow falling outside my window. (Just to clarify, I do not miss raking said leaves or shoveling aforementioned snow). So when it rains like this? It's like a breath of fresh air. (Or a breath of wet skies?) I didn't even recognize the sound when I first heard it. I honestly thought someone was outside, hosing down their porch. (Yes. Really.) Now that the sound has been identified as bonafide RAIN, I have the balcony door open and am snuggled up on the couch with an afghan and my laptop. (Not that the scenario would be much different if it wasn't raining, but whatever. It just feels cozier this way.) I'm ready to watch some Netflix, read a good book, drink some hot tea, and do whatever else one does on a rainy afternoon. Bring it on.

Mateo, on the other hand? A true Southern Californian kitty
who eyes the wet stuff with disdain from a safe distance.

p.s. Dear rain, I may like you today, but tomorrow I AM going to Disneyland so I will not love you like this if you're still here. 

Update: I ventured out to get the mail and noticed I was all polka-dotted out.

I <3 cute rain gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment