Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Shake the glitter off your clothes now.

I'm a pretty good girl. I don't cuss very often. (Even when I'm telling a story about someone using a curse word, I still say "bad word". Like a six year old.) I pray and read my Bible on a (somewhat) daily basis. I don't get drunk every night. I'm without question faithful to my husband. I respect my elders and treat others they want to be treated. Clearly, no one can be so perfect all the time. I must have a vice, right? Oh, I do.

VEGAS, BABY!

That's right. I love to gamble. The call of the slot machines with all the bells and whistles are like a siren. I hear that "Wheel! Of! Fortune!" and my heart starts to beat a little faster. And when I win? 

Thrills galore!

You know what else I love about Vegas? You can see the world without ever leaving the Nevada desert. (Have I seen most of these places- Monte Carlo, Venice, Rome- in their true locales? Yes. Is it still cool to see them in the bright lights of Vegas? Yes, again.)

Our home for the weekend.


Now if my husband had been there, loaded down with suitcases,
it would have been just like our honeymoon.

I've never been to Paris, but I imagine
it's got to be as pretty as this.

I don't remember the horse being quite so menacing
at the real Trevi Fountain.

God bless the U.S.A.

I'm also not much of a hard drinker or crazy dancer in my normal life, but Vegas seems to change a lady...(But not too much change! No poles were involved in any of my dancing.) 

This was the party bar...

...and this was the party tub.

Gold! Glitter! Stilettos! Nothing I would
wear to work!

Get it, gurl!

OSU Gurl.

These shoes were not made for walking...or dancing...or even standing.

The only bad part about Vegas? Leaving. 

Helloooo, traffic.

The commo's wife (...that would be me)
brought walkie talkies (Ahem...radios.)
 They were a huge hit. HUGE.

Mountain. Mountain. Desert. Mountain. Desert. Mountain.

Aaaand now...the world's tallest thermometer!

The sun sets on another fabulous Vegas vacation.
My wallet is a little lighter, but my gambling fix has been...um...fixed.
And my happiness level has been reached.

Until next time, Sin City!
(Not that I sinned. Unless slot machines count...?)

1 comment: